"... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 am Monday to noon ESTTuesday...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 6
am Monday to noon EST Tuesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer
* Locations... the northern foothills and northwest Piedmont of
western North Carolina.
* Hazards... heavy snow... with light accumulations of sleet and
* Timing... snowfall is expected to develop from the southwest
during the morning hours Monday. The snow may mix with... or
change to... sleet in the late afternoon and early evening. A
changeover to light freezing rain is expected Monday evening...
before gradually ending as a period of light freezing rain and
freezing drizzle early Tuesday.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches... along
with a few hundredths of an inch of ice.
* Impacts... roads will become very slippery quickly on Monday
morning. The combination of heavy snow early in the event... with
light ice accumulations later on... could cause some isolated
* Temperatures... highs in the lower 30s with lows in the upper 20s
throughout the winter storm."