From the National Weather Service:
Winter Storm Watch
Expires 6:00 AM EST on January 18, 2013
Statement as of 4:06 PM EST on January 16, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through
late Thursday night...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Thursday afternoon
through late Thursday night.
* Locations... the western Piedmont and parts of the foothills of
* Hazards... heavy snow.
* Timing... rain changing to snow during the early evening hours.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches... mainly on
* Impacts... heavy wet snow may cause a few trees to fall and pull
down power lines. Travel problems and reduced visibility also
expected. Black ice late at night.
* Temperatures... falling through the 30s late in the day.
* Winds... north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.