Main event timing about 6 hrs earlier: Monday evening - Tuesday for the bulk of it
No changes in thinking of 6+" for most of the Piedmont. Could see some minor sleet accumulation / mixed in the further south you are - mainly south of Rowan. Here are the WPC snow progs and the NWS Winter Storm Watch text to keep you occupied.
Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Monday morning through Tuesday morning...
* locations...the foothills and Blue Ridge of North Carolina.
* Hazards...heavy snow possible Monday through Tuesday.
* Timing...wind chill values will improve this morning. Snow is expected to develop across the area by Monday afternoon... continuing off and on through Monday night and Tuesday.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches...along with around a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Winds...northeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Impacts...low wind chill can cause frost bite on exposed skin. Heavy snow and ice could cause significant travel problems Monday and Tuesday.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.